Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Provencal Tuesday


I had some bananas that I needed to use up, so I made the basic muffin recipe from Nava Atlas The Vegetarian Family Cookbook and added chopped banana as my mix in. I had a muffin warm from the oven and it was delicious and dense. I made the vegan version using apple sauce and soy milk. Eating one of these gems should last me through the morning until lunch time.



We are on day five of the no eating out challenge. Tonight's dinner was steamed zucchini, Greek salad with Roma tomato's, sliced red onion, and cucumber. I seasoned the salad with a little garlic pepper and dried basil. The main dish was Provencal Lemon-Herb Rice from The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein. This rice is not only very easy to make, but it has a wonderful flavor. I added fresh mint at the end which I think makes taste even more special.









No comments: