Saturday, April 5, 2008

Snow in April.......


Today we took a Saturday morning drive to Prescott. I packed snacks and we parked and had a really nice picnic. I had roasted garlic hummus with crackers and carrots, it was delicious. We stopped at the New Frontiers Natural Food Market so I could pick some up for lunch on our way up the mountain. After we ate, we took about a mile hike down the Hassayampa River. We couldn't believe that there was still snow on the mountain.



There still is quite a bit of water running in the creeks and springs, but not nearly as much as four weeks ago. We took our girl Pluto with us and she enjoyed walking and drinking of the fresh clean water. We stopped at one point down the creek and while they tried to dam the water, I laid down next to the creek to take in some sun and listen to nature. The weather was cool enough to wear sweatshirts, but I got warm while we were hiking.


There wasn't any flowers blooming, and Mother Nature seemed to be stuck between Autumn and Spring.
Once we were done with our hike, we drove over to the apple trees and ate the apples we brought with us. We took a few pictures, then we decided to leave because someone else came and parked by us. I was disappointed that I didn't get to hike more, so I got out of the truck and they followed me while I walked and jogged 2.7 miles to main road. It took me less than an hour, and I was so tired and sore, but I did it. (Some of this was up hill walking and jogging.) Not bad for a girl who did anything she could to get out of PE.

No comments: