Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Night Delight....Day One of No Eating Out Challenge


Tonight after a rather hectic day at work, I stopped by the grocery store to do the weeks shopping. I really didn't know what I felt like eating for dinner. I walked in the door and my sweetie is lying on the couch telling me he is sick. "Groan" He wants juice, so I make him a glass of juice, put away the groceries and ponder what I am going to make. I decided to make him and Squirrel soup (you know that whole soup makes me feel better thing) and I make me brown rice, okra and red beans loosely based on the recipe in Moosewood Resturant's Low Fat Favorites. It was very good, I finished the dish off with a few splashes of Trappey's Pepper Sauce.
So it is day one of the no eating out challenge. Not only did I not eat out today, but I managed to
make me a low fat dinner which was totally delicious.

No comments: