Sunday, March 2, 2008

Big Horn Sheep Sighting, and a Mediterranean Kitchen


Today we went on our first boating trip of the year to Lake Pleasant. It was a little cold first thing in the morning, but as the day wore on, it got a little warmer. You can't see them in this picture, but there were yellow poppies all over this little hill. We rested in a little cove with the view of this poppy covered hill. We both napped a little then went trolling around the lake.

This morning I saw the coolest thing ever. I was driving the boat trailer up to park it, and a big horn sheep trotted right in front of me! It was kind of like a slow motion, I can't believe my eyes sort of moment. I reached for my camera, but darn it, it was in the boat. He was such a beautiful animal. I have never seen one in the wild before. He must have come down to the lake to take a drink. This special sighting made the day even more amazing.



Dinner tonight was a Classic Italian Minestrone soup inspired by The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein. I used orzo for the pasta and I made it a vegetarian meal by adding Romano and Parmesan cheese as a garnish. I had salad left over from last night on the side. The soup was delicious, and I have a ton left over. I will be freezing half, and eating the other half this week.

No comments: