Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Cold Bike Ride and Dinner

Tonight me and my sweetie went for a bike ride. It has been very warm for the past few days, but when I went to pull my bike out of the garage, I realized that I needed to change into pants and put on a sweater. It was a bit chilly, but at least we rode around the neighborhood for about twenty minutes. I have been riding all week, and my legs are quite sore. I just felt like I couldn't peddle my bike very far, but it got better as we rode on.

When we got back, I made Lemony Couscous with Broccoli from Vegan Express by Nava Atlas. I cut the fat by using the non-oily sun dried tomatoes. I also added swiss chard along with the broccoli. This was good, but I think next time I will add lemon zest to make the lemon flavor more pronounced. For the side, I had some steamed brussels sprouts and a sliced roma tomato. I topped the couscous with a dollop of Greek yogurt, which made this meal a vegetarian meal instead of a vegan meal. I just felt like it needed the yogurt. You know it's just two bad I am the only couscous eater in our family of two.......There are a ton of leftovers.

No comments: