Saturday, March 1, 2008

Springtime Hiking and Yummy Italian Food


We went for a three mile hike this morning in the northern part of Phoenix. The weather was beautiful and wildflowers were everywhere. I think we got to the mountain about nine thirty and was done hiking by eleven thirty.


We didn't hike all the way around the mountain, because I forgot the extra water in the truck, but we did hike to the top. You can see the trail we came back on in the picture above.


It was so cool, on the way down, I heard some birds "talking" to each other. I turned around and saw this quail, so I got out my zoom lens and got a shot of this beauty behind the chaparral bush.


After a day of hiking, shopping and visiting my parents, I came home and made my sweetie and Italian meal of angel hair pasta with my homemade tomato sauce. I added garlic, an onion, a zucchini and a yellow bell pepper to two cans of fire roasted tomatoes. This was seasoned with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano and basil. It was really yummy. I also made a spinach salad with yellow tomatoes, red onion, red bell pepper and pine nuts. Dinner was done in thirty minutes. (My kind of dinner!)






No comments: