Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Eat'n McDougall Style


Tonight's dinner was fat free with steamed brussells sprouts, spinach salad topped with salsa and a side of corn. I am going to start eating McDougall style again. I will be doing the MWL (Maximum Weight Loss) with lots of greens and veggies. I have been eating this way on and off for about six months and have lost weight. Almost twenty pounds, but I find that when I eat vegetarian including eggs and cheese that I maintain my weight instead of losing. I weighed in at 146 this morning, and I have a goal of 115, which may be too skinny, but I will have to get down to that weight to see.
I want to use this blog to help keep me accountable, as well as sort of a food journal. I will still have culinary and other adventures, even of the vegetarian type (cheese and eggs included on special occasions). For now, I want to stay vegan and fat free to see if I can get down to my goal. After all, swim suit season is just around the corner....
I don't want to do this just for weight loss, but for health. I have been really overweight most of my adult life, and it would be nice to get back down to a weight that I feel good at.

No comments: