Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend in Nature.....


Saturday afternoon we took a drive up to Prescott and was greeted by snow! It was so beautiful to see the snow on the ground. It was still a bit chilly on the mountain, but in town, it wasn't that bad.


Here is a picture of the snow still on the mountains.

Water was running everywhere, which is a very good thing as we have been in a drought. On our drive up the mountain we could see yellow Mexican Poppies all over the Bradshaw's. I haven't seen this many wild flowers in a very long time.
After dark we decided to go back into town to get dinner. I wanted to stop at the New Frontiers Natural Market place, just to check it out. This ended up being the place I got my dinner from. Unfortunately, it was dark and I didn't get a picture, but they made me the best veggie burger ever. I have never had a homemade veggie burger before, but I think I am going to have to start making them. I think I gushed about that burger the whole way home. :) It was amazing....


We spent our Sunday at the Desert Botanical Garden here in Phoenix. The weather was beautiful, and it was a perfect day to be out. We saw lots of cactus, flowers and even took a hike through their Sonoran Desert Trail.


They had a butterfly exhibit, with thirty two species of butterflies. You can walk through the exhibit and take pictures of the butterflies landing everywhere. I had two land on my head.


Here is another butterfly blending into it's surroundings.


Dinner tonight was very simple. Organic vegetarian ranch beans with steamed asparagus, sliced cucumbers and spinach salad topped with fat free salsa.







No comments: