Thursday, September 20, 2007

Chickpea Patties Rock



I had one chickpea pattie left from the other night, so I heated it up and dressed it with the last of the tzatziki sauce. I made another Greek salad with feta, more heirloom tomatoes, red onions and red and yellow bell peppers. I also sprinkled some pine nuts on the salad for good measure. I had a box of Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous in the pantry, so I decided to cook that up as a side dish. I took a taste as I was dishing it up and had to go check the box to make sure there was no chicken stock in it. I swore it tasted like my Mom's Thanksgiving stuffing, but it was chicken stock free.

Tonight after work I meet my Mom and my Sister at my old elementary school to see my baby nephew (he's in kindergarten) perform in a little signing program. We still live in the same town we grew up in, not together, but close enough. The children were so cute! It's funny because I ran into a few people I went to elementary school with, that have their children going to the same school. Crazy! It is such a small world. Even though I went to the program, I still came home a made a great meal, and we were done eating with all the dishes done by 8:00. Pretty cool. There was some Chinese food take out discussion, but I said no. We have plenty to eat in the pantry.

No comments: