Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Yummy chimichangas and vegan cookies

Tonight I got home from work and decided to make some vegan peanut butter cookies. I wrote down a recipe from vegweb (can't remember which one) and got to work. This is the first batch of vegan cookies I have made, and I think they turned out pretty good. I ate some of the dough, so I only made a dozen cookies. Even my sweetie liked them! They did come out a little crumbly, but it could just be me. I used to be a good baker, but it seems as of late, everything I try to bake turns into a disaster. So I am going to say that this was a success.

Here is a picture of my first vegan peanut butter cookies.

One of our girls helping in the kitchen.


I called my sweetie today and asked him what he wanted for dinner, he said chimichangas. (I have only made chimichangas once, and I can't remember how they turned out.) He had meat in his, but mine was a filling made with onions and garlic sauteed in oil. Then I added a can of black beans, Hatch green chili enchilada sauce, and fajita seasoning. Oh my gosh, this was so good! Better than any restaurant! It was topped with cheese, red leafed lettuce, tomatoes and chopped green onions.


No comments: