Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lazy Sunday

We had a very lazy Sunday.....Usually we go somewhere every weekend, but this weekend we choose to stay at home, due to the fact that we spent three days in Arkansas this past week. We were both tired. We did get up early and took one of our girls on her first hike. This is Phoebe posing with her Daddy. Aren't they cute?


Since it was Sunday and we were just hanging out at home today, my sweet bf wanted pizza for breakfast. The problem was that it was nine o'clock and none of the pizza places were open. So while he rushed to the store for some sauce and a crust, I prepped the ingredients. I cut up some onion, red and orange bell pepper. We didn't have any olives to add but I did get to try out some Vegetarian Grain Meat Sausage (Italian), I was surprised at how good this was, I sauteed it in a pan and let it cool and this is the chunky stuff on my side of the pizza. My bf is so sweet as he also got me veggie pepperoni from the store. Ahhh love....


My half has the sausage sticking up out of the cheese. Ignore the omni side.......


On our way to feed my Mom and Dad's animals we saw a rain storm, so we decided to chase it....I love the rain......


Wet street and ominous clouds over Phoenix. This is the spot I got out and played in the rain.

Dinner tonight was Greek...I made a salad with mixed greens, red bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, heirloom tomatoes and feta cheese. I also made chickpea patties from A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen and tzatziki sauce. I have never made these patties before, and had some trouble getting them turned over without messing up their shape. These were really fun to make and I filled my pita bread with two small patties, lettuce, red onion and tomato. I added the tzatziki sauce as garnish. I also steamed some zucchini as a side dish. This was a very delicious meal.

No comments: