Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fall Like Dinner, but still Summer....

I don't know why but I really felt like having a "fall like dinner" even though it was probably in the high nineties today. So I searched online and found a baked acorn squash recipe, and came up with my own stuffing. It contained apple, orange, dried cranberries, Earth Balance, fresh orange juice, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice all mixed together and stuffed in the cavity of the squash. Yum is all I can say......


I also made a salad with mixed greens, tangerine, dried cranberries, red onions, red bell pepper, blue cheese and walnuts. This was dressed with Newman's Own Lite Raspberry and Walnut dressing.



I also cooked up a box of Seeds of Change 7 grain rice pilaf blend I bought a while back. The box kept calling for me each time I opened the pantry. This was good, kind of chewy. I have to remember that this pilaf was made from whole grains which has sustained much of the world from the beginning of time. Okay so I am being dramatic, but I am going to try and include more whole grains into my diet. This was a great introduction for me.

No comments: